FROM WESTPORT TO ROONAGH POINT (CLARE ISLAND FERRY PORT)
- Follow the signposts for the R335 to Louisburgh
- Drive through the town of Louisburgh
- Drive straight on passing the GAA football pitch on the left
- Continue bearing right around the bend, passing Nomadic Display Offices on the right.
- Take the next right just after Nomadic Display, signposted for Roonagh Point / Clare Island ferry.
- Continue straight for 5 – 10 minutes until you arrive at Roonagh Harbour carpark and ticket offices.
We advise you give at least 1hr to get from Westport to Roonagh Point in peak season.
Parking is limited and can be hectic. You will also need to allow time to pick up your ferry tickets and bring luggage to the pier.
FERRIES TO CLARE ISLAND
There are two ferry companies operating to Clare Island, tickets are available at Roonagh Harbour or online.
Clare Island Ferry Company (O’Grady’s)
O’Malley’s Fast Ferry